A Seekh kebab In Oven is a Pakistani and Indian dish, somewhat similar to a shish kebab, which consist of ground meat and spices pressed on to a skewer and cooked on charcoal stove.
These Seekh kebabs In Oven are traditionallly cooked using a tandoor which is a type of oven popular throughout Pakistan, India and the Middle East. There are other types of ovens and grills can work just as well.
Origin Of Seekh Kebab In Oven:
Seekh kebab In Oven has long been considered a piece de resistance in the Awadhi dastarkhwan. Introduced by the Mughals it was originally prepared from beef mince on skewers and cooked on charcoal fire. Now lamb mince is prefered for its soft texture.
Recipe of Seekh Kebab In Oven:
Cooking Time 45-50 minutes
Serving 5-6 peoples
Beef mince 1 kg
Onion finely chopped 1
Green chillies finely chopped 4-5
Black pepper whole 6
Bread slices 3-4
Fresh cream 1/2 cup
Green cardamom 6-8
Fresh mint leaves 1/2 bunch
White cumin seeds 1 tsp
Black cumin seeds 1 tsp
poppy seeds 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
Roasted chickpes powder 2 tbsp
Raw papaya paste 2 tbsp
Seekh Kabab masala 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil as required
Instructions For The Preparation:
1. Grind together 2 tbsp of roasted chickpeas, 1 tsp of white cumin seeds, 1 tsp of black cumin seeds, 1 tbsp of poppy seeds, 6 black pepper whole, 4 cloves and 8 cardamoms.
2. Mix the grinded mixture with 1 kg beef.
3. Take the soft inner part of 3-4 bread slices, mix them with the mince meat and chop it in a
4. Put the mixture in a bowl and add 1 tbsp of red chili powder, 2 tbsp of papaya crushed, 1/2 cup of fresh cream, 1 egg, 2 tbsp of seekh kabab masala, 1/2 bunch of finelychopped mint, 4 green chilies chopped, 1 finely chopped onion and salt. Leave it aside for a while.
5. Take a big ball of the mince mixture , and shape into a seekh kebab. Repeat until the mince mixture is finished.
6. Now heat some oil in a pan and shallow fry the kebabs.
7. Place the kebabs on a baking tray and in an oven for 10-15 minutes and bake them.
8. Place the seekh kebabs on a bed of lettuce and serve with onions, chutney and nan.
Variations In The Seekh Kebabs In Oven:
A Seekh Kebabs In Oven is traditionally part of Pakistani and Indian cuisine. Many modern chefs in the West have begun preparing varities of this dish by using ground meat, lamb meat or beef mince as well.
Uses Of Seekh Kebabs In Oven:
Seekh Kebabs In Oven is a most famous and common Pakistani traditional dish that is mostly made during special occasion like Eid, Friends and Family get togethers. Seekh Kebabs In Oven are often served with mint sauce, spicy tamarind chutney, naan, bread or even with yogurt chutney.Add to Favourites