- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Vegetable Kadhi Made With:
Vegegtable Kadhi can be made with For the kadhi you need slightly sour yogurt, gram flour, turmeric, garlic paste, fenugreek seeds, small dry red chilies, salt and oil. For the vegetables you need potato cubed, onion, carrot, beans, mustard seeds, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder, fennel powder, green chilies, button red chilies, curry leaves and oil.
- For Kadhi:
- Slightly sour curd - 1/2 kg
- Gram flour - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- fenugreek seeds - a pinch
- Dried red chilies - few
- Salt - To taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- For The Vegetables:
- Potato - 1 diced
- Onion - 1 diced
- Carrot - 1 diced
- Beans - handful
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Fennel powder - 1 tsp
- Green chilies - 3-4
- Button red chilies - few
- Curry leaves - few
- Oil - As required
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Blend curd, gram flour with 1-1/2 liters water adding salt, turmeric and garlic paste.
2. Make sure there are no lumps.
3. Heat oil add fenugreek seeds, chilies and very little water.
4. This helps as when you add the kadhi mixture it doesn't heat up and curdle.
5. Now add curd mixture and simmer, stir continuously till it comes to a gentle boil.
6. This point onwards your kadhi will not curdle and can cook gently on its own while you prepare the vegetables.
7. To prepare vegetables, heat oil, splutter mustard seeds along with curry leaves, and then add ginger garlic pastes and the onions.
8. Cook for 2 minutes till onions begin to get limp, then add all the other ingredients except the fennel and cook till vegetables are done.
9. Bring kadhi to a gentle boil, add the vegetables, and allow them to simmer for 4-5 minutes till flavors blend.
10. Add fennel powder and serve with boiled white rice or khichri.
As you all known by the kadhi recipe which can be usually made with gram flour by adding pakoras which is a normal kadhi recipe and you can also aware of some especiallity of Punjabi cuisine which can be named as Punjabi kadhi. Now iam introducing to all of you a most versatile version of kadhi Which is Vegetable Kadhi. It sounds interesting and yes it is very interesting to made and it is offcourse very much delicious in taste too.
Vegetable Kadhi Taste & Texture:
Vegetable Kadhi is a very smooth textured kadhi or gravy and also colourful by adding vegetables along with some spices which can make this little spicy and aromatic by adding tarka of curry leaves and whole red button chilies. It also tangy in flavor.
Vegetable Kadhi Healthy & Nutritious:
Vegetable Kadhi is very much healthy and nutritious in taste and for health of all too. Vegetable Kadhi is light in taste and full of nutritions because of its ingredients because we all knows that vegetables are a good source of nutritions.
Vegetable Kadhi Served:
Vegetable Kadhi can be usually served at any restaurant, dhaba and at homes too as a main dish. Vegetable Kadhi can also be served along with the steamed rice and some people want to eat it with flat bread or tandoori naan. Choice is all yours.Add to Favourites