Amla Pickle is one of the most sought after seasonal Pakistani and Indian goosberry pickles all over Pakistan and India. Amla Pickle is made with amla. oil and spices. Amla Pickle is a special recipe very easy to prepare at home and can be stored for a year. Amla Pickle is said to be very good for digestion. Amla Pickle can be prepared in various ways with different spices. Amla Pickle is a tangy and spicy condiment.
Amla Pickle Is Healthy & Nutritious:
Amla Pickle is healthy and nutritious because in this main ingredient is amla and amla provides remedies for many diseases so it is widely used in ayurvedic medicines. Amla is very rich in vitamin C and B complex and also calcium, phosphorus, iron and carotene.
Recipe Of Amla Pickle:
Preparation time 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves 5-6 people
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 100 gram
Salt 50 gram (for sprinkle)
Salt 100 gram
Dry fenugreek powder 100 gram
Jaggery (gur) 200 gram
Amla 1000 gram
Mustard seed powder 1/2 tsp
Cooking oil as required
Instruction For Cooking:
1. Cut Hog Plums (Amla) into 2 halves. Remove the seeds. Mix a little salt and set aside overnight.
2. The next day dry plums with a clean dry cloth. Make a thin powder out of the dry fenugreek by mixing. And put it in a big bowl.
3. Add the same amount of red chilli powder, salt to taste, turmeric powder and a pinch of asafoetida. Put a little oil in a fry pan, add mustard seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, two whole chillies. Prepare seasoning. Let it cool.
4. Cut jaggery into thin pieces, mix it well with the above ingredients.
5. Take the hog plum pieces in a plate, add a little oil and mix them well.
6. Then add masala prepared with jaggery and mix well. Store it in a airtight jar.
7. Let the pickle settle for a day or two.
8. Put some oil in a pan and let it cool. Pour the oil on the hog plum pieces until they get immersed.
Amla Pickle Is versatile:
Amla Pickle has the tatse of spice is very versatile and loved by all. Amla Pickle is not uncommon to find children and even adults dipping the fuit in to a mix of salt, sugar and pepper and eating it raw.
Uses Of Amla Pickle:
Amla Pickle is oftenly eaten with daal chawal in lunch time. You can also served Amla Pickle with any meal and also can be eaten with stuffed chapatis or plain chapatis.Add to Favourites